3301 New Mexico Ave NW, Suite 220, Washington, DC 20016
S 9 am - 12:30 pm
M - F 8:45 am - 5 pm
Appointments & Holiday Hours
Dearest patients and families,
As you are likely aware, the increase in cases of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and influenza (flu) have put a considerable demand on local hospitals, urgent cares, outpatient offices and pharmacies. Our sick appointment slots fill quickly and our efforts to see as many patients as possible has led to longer wait times. We appreciate your patience and hope that the information below will leave families better equipped during the holiday season.
Finally, Dr. Gloria Choi who joined in in November of last year will be leaving the practice in December. We have enjoyed having her as a part of the team and are diligently working to find a new physician.
For families staying locally:
- There will be modified office hours during the holiday. Please see below.
- If you require non urgent medical assistance and the office is closed, please consider one of the local urgent cares (see below). Be advised that appointments can fill quickly and try to contact the facility as soon as possible.
- For urgent medical assistance, please take your child to the nearest emergency room or call 911. The area hospitals that can admit pediatric patients include - MedStar Georgetown, Children's National Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital and INOVA Fairfax Children's Hospital. The increased number of children needing acute care has increased emergency room wait times.
If you are traveling:
- check stock and expiration date of medications. If your child uses an epi-pen (Auvi-Q), inhalers or nebulized medications, be sure that you have an adequate amount. Additionally, consider traveling with supplies to help evaluate and manage symptoms such as fever reducers (Tylenol, Motrin, Advil), nasal saline drops or a thermometer.
- research the nearest urgent care and hospital capable of seeing pediatric patients at your destination
- Our physicians cannot write prescriptions outside of the United States. Please seek local care if you require prescription medication.
Foxhall Pediatrics Thanksgiving holiday schedule:
Wednesday, November 23 - The office will close early
Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day) - the office is closed
Friday, November 25 - office will see patients for 'sick only' appointments and be operating with limited staff
Saturday, November 26 - standard Saturday office hours
Foxhall Pediatrics Christmas and New Year holiday schedule:
Saturday, December 24 - standard Saturday office hours
Monday, December 26 - the office is closed
Saturday, December 30, -standard Saturday office hours
Monday, January 2, 2023 - the office is closed
Local urgent cares:
PM Pediatrics - locations in Columbia Heights, Rockville, Greenbelt, Laurel, District Heights, Springfield - pmpediatriccare.com
MedStar Prompt Care - locations in Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Adams Morgan, Rockville, Capitol Hill, Hyattsville, Silver Spring, Alexandria - medstarhealth.org
Patient First - Silver Spring, Rockville, Landover, Alexandria - patientfirst.com
We hope that everyone will have safe and enjoyable holidays.
The Team at Foxhall Pediatrics